Getting your background, your lighting and your presentation right can make a big difference.
- Choose a bright room with soft background light
- Move around with the camera to find a simple background;
- Make sure it is nice and tidy
- If possible wear light colours to increase picture contrast
- Have a desk light in front of you to light up your face. Do NOT use your monitor as a light source. Move lights around so your image is clear and bright in the camera
- If you wear glasses, turn down monitor brightness to minimize glare & make sure they're clean.
- Look at your outline in the camera view – get close enough so you mainly see your head and shoulders